Google has released the third beta of the Android Q at the Google I/O on May 7 alongside with their new smartphones Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL. Google also announced the Android Q support for 21 non-Pixel smartphones including OnePlus, Xiaomi and Realme. This is the first time Google has provided the Android Beta support to smartphones from other manufacturers. You can install this beta on your supported smartphone right away.
Here is a step by step guide which will lead you through the installation process for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. The installation is pretty easy but before moving to the installations, make sure to read the precautions.
- This is a beta firmware for your smartphone so it may have some bugs and crashes. I will recommend you not to install it on your primary smartphone.
- Make sure that your smartphone is at least 40 percent charged before beginning the installation.
- The installation will erase all of your data on your phone, create a complete backup of all your data before installation.
- This installation guide will only work on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, so not attempt to install it on any other OnePlus device.
Steps to Install Android Q on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
- Download the Android Q ROM zip package for OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T.
- Now, move the zip package to the internal storage of the smartphone.
- Go to Settings > System > System Updates. Tap the top right corner icon and select the Local update option.
- Select the Android Q update package you just moved to the phone storage.
- The smartphone will start to install the package and will prompt to restart the phone.
- The reboot will take some time to set up the Android Q beta on your phone.
- Once done, you will be presented with the new setup screen on your phone.
You can now enjoy the new Android Q features and user interface before everyone else on your OnePlus6/6T. You will continue to receive the new updates as Google released related to the Android Q next releases.