OnePlus is always serious about their software updates on the smartphones and keep on pushing the new updates pretty quickly on their smartphones. The Oxygen OS almost has a stock user interface with a bunch of useful features and apps. OnePlus is already running the Android 10 Beta program on OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro but not for OnePlus 6 or 6T.
Today we are telling you about how you can install Android 10 Q custom ROM on your OnePlus 6 and 6T. This custom ROM is an unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 which is based on Android 10 and comes with some exclusive features.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Oneplus 6 or 6T. You can find a working guide on OnePlus Community website for both the smartphones.
- Install a custom recovery on your phone. The TWRP custom recovery is recommended and you probably find it on Community website as well.
- Create a backup of your important stuff stored on your phone so you won’t lose it during the process.
- Make sure to have at least 4 GB of storage space available so you can save the required installation files on your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 60 percent to make sure your phone won’t go off during the process. You can keep the phone connected to the charging during the whole procedure.
Steps to Install the Android 10 custom ROM on OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Download the custom ROM zip file for the OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T and save the file on your phone’s internal memory. Do not put the file inside any folder, keep it in the root directory.
- Now, boot your phone into the TWRP custom recovery mode.
- Factory reset the smartphone using the Wipe option on the recovery.
- Then use the Install option to choose the Lineage OS 17 zip file to install it into the system.
- Once installed, you have to install the Google apps zip package to get Google apps and account.
- Reboot the smartphone using the Reboot to system option.
The custom ROM is based on the AOSP 10 and is an unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 so you might experience some crashes. But the ROMs has been reported working perfectly fine and great for daily drivers.