How many times it happened to you when you try to read something on your phone and the screen goes off? Screen timeout is the setting on your phone which automatically turns off the display in order to save the battery. Since Android phones are completely customizable this setting also has some options to choose from, and on some phones, you can even completely turn it off. So, here I am telling you the ways to stop the phone screen from turning off. Read on!
Stop Phone Screen from Turning off Completely
If you want to completely turn off this setting then there is an option in the display setting. If you don’t find the option to turn it off, don’t worry we have another trick up our sleeve to tell you about.
1. Via Display Settings
1. Pull down the notification panel and tap the little setting icon to go to Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, go to the Display and look for the Screen Timeout settings.
3. Tap the Screen Timeout setting and select the duration you want to set or just select “Never” from the options.
If you won’t see the Never option in the settings but you still want to keep your device awake for longer then follow the next method.
2. Via Developer Options
Now while your phone is on charging, the screen will not turn off automatically unless you remove the charger. In that case, the default setting will enable which you selected in the display setting.
3. Via Third-party Apps
You can also prevent your phone screen from turning off completely using a third-party app. There are plenty of such apps available on the Play Store, and we are using “Caffeine”. Here’s how to use it:
1. Download and install Caffeine – Keep Screen On from the Play Store.
2. The app works via a toggle, so you will need to add this to the Quick Settings panel.
3. Pull down the Quick Settings panel and tap on the Pencil icon to edit it.
4. Now look for the Coffee Mug icon among all quick settings.
5. Move this “Caffeine” toggle to the Quick Settings panel by holding and dragging it.
7. When the toggle is in the main Quick Settings panel, you can use it anytime.
Whenever you want to change the screen timeout time, swipe down to open the Quick Settings, and tap the Coffee Mug icon. By default, it sets screen timeout to Infinite, but it also has a number of other customization options.
This is how you can make your smartphone screen never go off while you are reading something important on it. Tell us in the comments, which of the above-mentioned ways will you use to increase screen timeout on your phone.
For more Android tips and tricks, stay tuned.
"3 Ways to Stop Android Phone Screen From Turning Off Automatically",
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.