Ever since Email was introduced back in the 1970s, it has only grown over time. It has become such an important means of communication, that we use it for both officials as well as personal communication. But there are some emails which are of utmost importance or maybe have some, that we prefer to save a copy of it locally on our devices as PDF or HTML file. That’s what we are going to discuss today.
Also, Read | 3 Ways To Deal With Spam Emails in Gmail
3 Ways to Save an Email as PDF
Pdf is the most preferable and convenient way to save something as this file format is universally accepted and works on every device.
1. Save email as PDF in Gmail
In order to save an email as pdf, follow these steps:
- Go to the email you want to save as a pdf
- Click on the little print icon towards the right
- Set the drop-down to save as pdf
- Press the save button at the bottom, and choose the save location.
2. Save Email as HTML file
Saving the email in a pdf is a handy way to store the email, but a pdf can mess up with the syntax or format of the email and images, because of the conversion process. So you can save the email as an HTML file, so as to preserve the essence of the mail, also while saving some storage space. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the email you want to save as HTML
- Select and Copy all the contents of the mail
- Paste the email content on this site
- Click on Convert, to convert the data into HTML format
- Once the conversion gets completed copy the converted HTML code
- Open a new Notepad file on your computer
- Paste the copied HTML code.
- Now save the Notepad file in a “.HTML” format.
3. Use a 3rd party service for more features
The inbuilt print feature is free and easy to use, but it is not the most feasible method when it comes to multiple or hundreds of emails. If you want to save multiple emails to your device then you need to use third-party software.
One such software is Save to pdf by CloudHQ, it supports multiple formats like pdf, HTML, text, and more. This extension also allows clubbing multiple emails into one file for easy access.
Also, Read | How to Send Group Emails to People on Gmail
So these are few ways you can save an important email as a pdf, HTML, or text file so that you can access it whenever you need it without worrying about your internet connectivity. Do let us know which method you liked the most in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.