Are you facing a storage full issue in Gmail? Ever since Google has ended the free unlimited storage for Google Photos, the 15GB of storage that it provides for free is being filled very soon because of the big file size of Photos, and other Google drive files. Apart from that, emails also take up a lot of space, especially those with attachments. So, if you have also been seeing the storage full in Gmail, here are some easy ways to clear up space in Gmail for free, i.e. without buying Google’s cloud storage.
Ways to Free Up Space in Gmail
There are two ways to get extra storage space on your account- the first is to purchase cloud storage from Google at Rs 130 per month for 100GB, and the second is to free up space. Here we are talking about the second one as the first one is too obvious.
1. Delete files by size in Google Drive
First of all, go to Google Drive linked to your account and find out which files are taking up the most storage. After that, you can delete files that are large and not useful.
1. Open your browser and go to https://drive.google.com/#quota.
2. Log in to your Google account.
3. It will show all your files in descending order of file size.
4. Select and delete the files permanently which you do not need anymore.
Moreover, if you have more than one Google account, you can also transfer files from one Google Drive to another.
2. Delete Emails with Large Attachments
When you open your Google drive storage management page, you will see that Gmail and Google Photos are taking up the most storage. So, next, you should delete all the unimportant emails that also has attachment from your Gmail inbox.
1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. In the above search bar, type “has:attachment larger:10M” and it will show all emails with attachments of more than 10MB.
3. Now, select emails that are unimportant and tap on the delete button.
4. After that, go to the Trash and tap on the empty trash button to delete them permanently.
5. Moreover, go to the Spam folder from the left navigation bar and delete all spam messages from there.
This will surely free up much storage in your Gmail for the new emails.
3. Free Up Storage from Google Photos
As mentioned above, the free unlimited storage for Google Photos has ended, so you should also delete some photos that you do not want to keep. You can even download all photos from there using Google takeout. In order to free up space in Photos:
1. Open a browser on PC and go to https://photos.google.com/settings.
2. Log in to your Google account.
3. Here, change the upload quality from Original to High Quality.
Now, your photos will be uploaded in high quality which is not counted against the free 15GB quota. Google will also ask you to recover your storage, which will further convert your earlier uploaded photos to High Quality and save some more space.
Read More on How to Free Up Google Photos Cloud Storage.
These were a few ways using which you can free up storage on your Google account and fix storage full in Gmail issue and create extra space for your important mails.
For more such Google account-related tech tips, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.