Google has introduced a new feature in its Messages apps that will automatically delete OTP messages from your inbox. Also, Google has started rolling out the feature to sort messages in categories like Gmail, so you can find specific messages like OTPs or offers easily. In these categories, there will be an OTP section, in which Google will let you auto-delete those messages after 24 hours. Here, I am going to tell you how to auto-delete OTP messages from Android.
Auto Delete OTP Messages from Your Phone
You can enable this feature from the Messages app’s settings. Also, you will also need to enable the view message by category feature to use this OTP auto-deletion feature. Here’s how!
1. First of all, update your Google Messages app to the latest version from the Play Store.
2. Now open it and tap on three vertical dots in the search box.
3. Select Settings from the menu and then tap on Message Organization.
4. On the next page, first, enable the toggle next to the “View messages by category” option.
5. After that, you will be able to enable the toggle for the “Auto-delete OTPs after 24 hrs” feature.
That’s it. Your OTP messages will now be automatically deleted after 24 hours from the inbox. Since you have now categorized the inbox, you can also choose from the above-mentioned steps what should be your primary category view in your inbox.
So, this was all about auto-deleting OTPs messages from the inbox on an Android phone. As evident, it is available only on Google’s Messages app, so if you are not using it, you can download it from Play Store. You can follow our guide if the Google Messages app is not working on your phone.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.