While sharing a story on Instagram, it is sometimes necessary to add a link so that your followers can go check out your product or any other work online. Earlier Instagram offered swipe-up links in the stories that can be added via a button. However, now Instagram has moved this to the sticker section, just like recently it launched the “Reshare” sticker to share old posts as stories. Here I’ll tell you how to add links to your Instagram stories using the sticker and one more trick for those who cannot use the sticker.
Also, check | 7 Best Instagram Tips and Tricks For Pros in 2021
Add Links to Instagram Stories
Instagram has now replaced its swipe-up link feature with link stickers, however, it is still available for those creators who are either verified or have required follower count.
Who can use the link sticker on Instagram?
Only those Instagram users are allowed to add links to their Instagram Stories who have more than 10,000 followers on the platform, and/or have a verified account. Apart from this, someone representing an established brand can also add links to their Stories.
Use the Link Sticker on Instagram Story
So if you fulfill the required criteria to share links in Stories Instagram, here’s how to use link sticker for the same:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap the + icon on the top right corner.
2. Swipe and select the “Story” option from the given ones and then select the image or video you want to add to your story.
3. Create your Instagram story and edit as per your needs.
4. Now tap on the ‘Sticker’ icon at the top row and the “Link” option (a chain) will appear in the second row.
5. Tap on it and add the link you want to share with your followers.
6. The whole link or some of its words will appear as the sticker on your story. You can move it to any part of the Story.
7. Now, share your story by clicking on the arrow and Share option.
The link sticker will be clickable and all the people who view your Instagram Story can check the link content.
Add a Link to Instagram Stories Without 10k Followers
As mentioned, the above method is only for those who are verified or have 10K followers. So if you are neither of them, you can still share a link in your story. Here’s how:
1. Open the Instagram app and upload a video with more than 60-second length.
2. Add any title like ‘Link in Description’ and paste the link that you want to share in the video description.
3. Now post the video to IGTV.
4. After that, go to your feed and tap on the paper plane icon under this new video.
5. Tap on ‘Add video to your Story’ and select the link icon on the top.
6. Select the option ‘IGTV Video’ on the next page, and select the new video.
7. Lastly, tap on ‘Done.’
That’s it, your video will be shared in your Story and your followers can see it by swiping up. Then they’ll be able to see the link via your video description by clicking on the title. However, you won’t be able to see it.
This way you can use link stickers on Instagram Stories and can also add links to your Instagram stories even without 10k followers.
Follow us on Instagram @gadgetstouse for some more updates.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.