If you are an iPhone or iPad user and use Safari for your browsing requirements, then you must be aware of how bad is safari when it comes to managing tabs. Things turn even worse when you use multiwindow or split-screen, as managing all the tabs becomes more difficult. That’s why today I’ll be sharing a few tips to help you manage tabs when using multiwindow on your iPhone or iPad.
Ways to Manage Multiple Windows in Safari on iPad
iPadOS allows you to arrange or group multiple safari tabs, for easy and faster surfing, and there are two ways to do so.
2 Ways to Open Safari Tab in Multi Window on iPadOS
If you want to open a safari tab in a multiwindow tab, then can do so by following these steps:
- Open Safari on your iPad, open multiple tabs
- Long press and drag the tab (to the right or left) you want to move to multi-window
If for some reason, this method doesn’t work, as generally, Safari does experience random glitches, then you use the second method to open multiple tabs in different windows.
- Open Safari on Your iPad.
- Tap the Multitasking button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Split View button or the Slide Over button. The current app moves aside and your Home Screen appears.
- Tap on the Safari app on your Home Screen.
Note: Method 2 works with any app combination on your iPad.
3 Ways to Close Safari Tabs in MultiWindow
There are a few ways to close Safari Tabs when using multiwindow on your iPad. Let’s have a look at them.
Close Any Safari Tab From the Multi Window Screen
- Tap the Tabs icon, to see the list of all active tabs
- Close the tabs individually the tapping, the cross icon
Close All Safari Tabs From the Multi Window Screen
Merge All the Safari Tabs Windows Into One Window
You can merge all the Safari Tabs Window into one main window, killing the split or slide window if any.
This is how you can manage and close the safari tabs on your iPad. I hope this article cleared the confusion around managing safari tabs and making your browsing experience on Safari a pleasant one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.