Instagram recently announced that it is changing its focus, and now becoming a video-first platform, which is a sudden and huge shift from its original pictures-oriented approach. The reason behind Instagram's this move is the popularity and acceptance of its short videos called “Reels”. Now Instagram has taken its next step to make reels mainstream, by adding a new feature, i.e. replying via reels video. Today I'll show you how to do it?
Also, Read | Top 10 Instagram 2022 Tips, Tricks You Should Know
Reply to Instagram Comments With Reels Video
If you are a professional or a brand, then you must have received similar comments from hundreds or thousands of people. Such comments can be related to, maybe the type of content you post, the products of your brand, or anything else. Now, you don't need to answer the same question again and again.
Steps to use reply with reels feature
As of now, you can reply using a reel video which can be seen by anyone on your Instagram Account. Here's how you can do it:
- Launch Instagram on your phone (Android/iOS)
- Go to your profile
- Locate the reel, whose comment you want to reply as a reel.
- Click on reply under the respective comment.
- Now, tap on the little camera icon located towards the bottom left
- This launches the camera, and the comment you chose will appear in the form of a sticker, with the user's name.
- Now, you can record a video directly from the reels camera app, or even choose a video from your phone's gallery.
- Once done, you can post the reel on your profile so that the reply to the comment is visible to everyone on your profile.
This feature is available to all Instagram users, i.e, even if you don't have any professional or business account, without any followers threshold limit.
What will happen if the comment gets Deleted?
The answer to this question is tagged with a few IFs and BUTs, lets have a look at them:
- If the comment you replied to is deleted, the reel you posted as a reply will also be deleted.
- If you delete your reply reel, any remixes of your reply reel will be also deleted and any reels using your original audio will be muted.
- However, If you restore your reel within 30 days, any remixes and original audio will also be restored.
- If you set your account to private, all the reels you created as a reply to a comment will be deleted after 24 hours.
- However, If you set your account back to public within 24 hours, your replies won’t be deleted.
As of now the feature only works for comments under reels, in the future it can expand to comments under photo posts, or regular IGTV or long-form videos. If you still haven't received the feature yet, check whether your Instagram app is updated to the latest version.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.