Most of us are fond of posting photos and videos on social media and then reading their comments. But many times such comments start coming on those posts that can have a bad impact on our mental peace. So the best way to avoid such hate comments is to turn them off or limit them to only a few people. In this article, we will show how you can turn off comments on popular social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Turn Off Comments on Instagram
If you are annoyed by such spam comments on your Instagram posts, here is how you can turn off Instagram posts’ comments.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and head to your profile tab.
2. Tap on the hamburger menu and then select Settings.
3. Now tap on Privacy and select Comments.
4. Here, you will see two options- Allow Comments From and Block Comments From.
5. Tap on allow comments from and you can change it to people you follow, your followers, or both.
Alternatively, you can block individual profiles from commenting on your posts.
Tap on Block Comments From section and search for profiles whom you want to block. Then tap the “Block” button next to their name. You can add multiple profiles to this block list.
Instagram doesn’t notify users that are blocked from commenting. Apart from this, now you can also hide Instagram comments with specific words.
Turn Off Comments on Facebook
There isn’t any direct method to turn off Facebook comments. However, you can limit the audience that can comment on your posts. Follow the steps mentioned below to limit comments on your posts:
1. Open your Facebook profile and go to the pots you want to limit.
2. Now click on the three-dot icon next to your post.
3. After that, click on Edit audience.
4. Then you can choose from- Public, Friends, Friends except, Specific friends, Only me.
That’s it. Now only those can comment on your posts whom you select.
Apart from this, there are some other ways to stop people from commenting on your public posts or your group posts. Read our detailed guide on ways to turn off comments on Facebook posts.
Turn Off Replies on Twitter
Twitter also has a feature that lets user limit the replies on their tweet. This limit reply feature on Twitter comes with three options from which you can choose who can reply to your tweet.
1. Open Twitter app or go to Twitter web and tap on compose button.
2. Here, you will now see a new option called Everyone can reply.
3. Tap that button and you will see three options- Everyone, People you follow, and Only people you mention.
4. Select the option that you want and send your tweet.
Now only people you have choses will be able to reply to your tweet. The reply button will be greyed out for all other people.
So these were the methods to turn off comments on different social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Apart from this, you can also read how to get rid of spam comments on YouTube videos.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.