Have you encountered the message, “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” while trying to send messages to a user on Facebook Messenger and are not able to send messages to that user? There are several factors that could cause it and in this article, we will be discussing some ways to fix “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger”. Additionally, you can read, how to read Facebook Messages without being seen.
Why do I see “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger”?
There could be various reasons for the “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” issue on Facebook Messenger. Below we have added some reasons by which the error can occur.
- You are blocked By the User: One of the possible reasons for the error message is that the person you are trying the message has blocked you.
- You have blocked the user: If the user has not blocked you, then there are also chances that you might have blocked them on Messenger or Facebook by mistake.
- Account Deactivated or Deleted: If blocking is not the reason then there are chances that the user has deactivated or deleted their account.
- Account Banned or Terminated: There is also a possibility that Facebook has terminated or banned the account of the person you are trying to message on Messenger.
How to Fix “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger”?
Now, we know the reasons why the “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” error comes in Facebook Messenger, let’s see the methods to fix it. In this article, we have added three ways to fix this.
Check If You Are Blocked
As we have mentioned above, if the user has blocked you, then you will not be able to send messages to them and get the error message. Below are the steps by which you can check if he/she has blocked you on Messenger or not.
1. Open Facebook either on Mobile or PC.
2. Log in to your account in which you are getting the error message.
3. Search for the user in the search box.
4. If you are not able to find the user’s profile, then you can search for the user’s profile from anotheraccount.
5. If you find the user’s profile from another account, then it means that the user has blocked you.
Check If You Have blocked Them
If the user has not blocked you on Messenger, then you need to check whether you have blocked them by mistake. Here’s how you can check if you have blocked the user or not.
1. Open Messenger on your device and log in to your account.
2. Now, open the chat in which you have got the error.
3. On a web browser, hover the mouse over the user’s profile and tap on the three-dots icon. On mobile, press and hold the chat.
4. If you see the Block option on the next screen, it means that you have not blocked the user.
5. Although, if you see the Unblock option, simply tap on it to Unblock the user.
6. Now, you will be able to send messages without any issues.
Check If Their Account has been Deleted or Deactivated
If you are neither blocked by the user nor have blocked them, but still getting the error message then there are chances that the user has deleted or deactivated their account. However, there is no foolproof method to find whether he/she has deleted or deactivated their account or not but you can confirm it by checking through different accounts. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Launch Facebook Messenger.
2. Search for the account in the search box.
3. If you can’t see the account in the search results, search it from another account.
4. If you are not able to find it from other accounts as well then it means the user has deleted or deactivated their account.
Wrapping Up: This Person is Unavailable on Messenger
In this read, we have discussed how you can fix “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger”. I hope you found this read useful, if you did; hit the like button and share this article with your friends and family to help them be aware of the solution. Check out more tips linked below, and stay tuned for more such tech tips and updates.
You might be interested in:
- 3 Ways To Hide Ads In Facebook Messenger on PC and Phone
- 13 Ways to Fix Facebook Messenger Waiting for Network Issue on Android
- How to Send Disappearing Messages on Instagram & Facebook Messenger
- How To Share Screen in Facebook Messenger Calls
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.