Transferring SMS messages from iPhone to an Android device may sound easy at first, but it can be a quite challenging task. Nevertheless, we have spent hours brainstorming solutions to this problem. In this explainer, we will demonstrate ways to transfer SMS messages from iPhone to an Android. Additionally, you can learn to take a backup of your iPhone to recover your data in adverse scenarios.
How to Move SMS Messages from iPhone to Android?
Table of Contents
If you’ve decided to switch to an Android phone and wish to transfer your important SMS messages from your iPhone. The following effective methods will help you do so.
Use iTunes and iSMS2Droid Android App
Besides playing media, iTunes can help you manage the data on your iPhone and take required backups. Once backed up, you can pick the SMS file from it and restore all your conversations using the iSMS2Droid app on Android. Here’s how you can achieve the same:
1. Install iTunes from the official Apple website and connect your iPhone to your system.
2. Click on the Device icon next to the Music button to view the details of your connected iPhone.
3. Next, choose the This Computer option under the Automatically Back Up section and click the Back Up Now button to create a new backup of your iPhone on your computer. Make sure to Uncheck the Encrypt Local Backup.
4. In some time the backup of your iPhone will be completed, depending on the data size.
5. Once the backup is completed, go to the File Explorer app on your Windows PC and navigate to the following path:
6. Here, find the folder named 3D.
7. Inside the 3D folder, look for a file name ending with ‘28‘ and Copy It. This file contains all your SMS Messages from your iPhone’s backup.
8. Further, transfer the file to your Android device either via a cable for file storage or using Google Drive.
9. Now, on your Android phone, install the iSMS2Droid App and tap the Import Messages option.
10. Finally, provide the necessary app access permission and browse the backup file, you transferred earlier.
11. Tap Import All button, from the pop-up to restore all your iPhone’s SMS to your Android phone’s messaging app.
Use Samsung Smart Switch to Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android
Transferring SMS messages from iPhone to a Samsung device is relatively easy. You can use the Smart Switch on Samsung Phones to quickly transfer data from an iPhone or iPad using the iCloud account. Follow these steps to achieve the same:
1. Launch Settings on your Samsung phone and go to the Accounts and Backup option.
2. Next, choose the ‘Bring data from old device’ option and install the Smart Switch app to your device.
3. Once installed, tap the Continue button and allow the necessary permissions.
4. Further, tap on Recieve Data and set iPhone/iPad as the source.
5. On the next page, tap on the ‘Get data from iCloud‘ link at the bottom to restore data from your iCloud to Samsung. Alternatively, you can connect both phones with a lighting port to a Type-C cable to transfer data from your iPhone.
6. Finally sign in with your iCloud account and select the data that you wish to transfer. Make sure to select the Messages option to transfer all your iPhone messages to your Samsung phone.
7. That’s it! Your SMS Messages are successfully transferred from your iPhone to your Samsung phone.
Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to OnePlus/Oppo/Vivo Phone
Similar to Samsung, popular smartphone brands such as OnePlus, Oppo, and Vivo also provide their dedicated solution to easily transfer data from iPhone to Android. OnePlus and Oppo offers the ClonePhone app while Vivo smartphones house the EasyShare app to transfer data from iPhone to Android using iCloud. Here’s how you can use these apps to transfer SMS messages:
2. Next, accept the terms and conditions and provide the necessary app access permissions.
3. On the next page, tap the New Phone option and choose ‘Import Data from an iPhone‘.
4. Finally, sign in with your iCloud account and select Messages to transfer them from your iPhone to your OnePlus phone.
5. You can perform similar steps on your Oppo or Vivo smartphone to transfer all the SMS messages from your iPhone.
Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to Android using the CopyTrans
The CopyTrans app is another effective service that claims to export SMS messages from your iPhone to any Android phone. While this tool comes with limited functionality, you can export iPhone messages in various formats to view them on any device later. Here’s how you can use it:
1. Install the CopyTrans app in your system and launch it.
2. Next, install the CopyTrans Contacts app and click the Start button to launch it.
3. Connect your iPhone to your PC using a cable and switch to the Messages tab to load all the messages on your iPhone.
Note: For this app to work, you must back up your iPhone to your PC using the iTunes app.
4. Further, choose the desired messages in the list and click the Export button at the top.
5. Finally, choose an export format and transfer it to your phone to view it. For best results, you can either export messages in PDF or Webpage to conveniently view the conversations on any device.
Bonus Tip: Transfer WhatsApp Chats From iPhone to Android Phone
Besides transferring SMS messages, you can also transfer your important WhatsApp conversations from iPhone to Android using the latest chat migration feature. Head over to our detailed guide on how to transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android to achieve the same.
Q: Can we transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to an Android phone without using a Computer?
A: Yes, if you own a Samsung/OnePlus/Oppo/Vivo phone, you can use their dedicated data transfer app to easily transfer SMS messages from your iPhone using your iCloud account.
Q: How to use the iSMS2Droid App to transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to Android?
A: The iSMS2Droid app is a remarkable Android app that assists in restoring exported iTunes contacts to an Android phone in a few taps. Refer to the steps mentioned above to learn to use it.
Q: Can I transfer text messages from iPhone to an Android phone for Free?
A: Yes, all the methods explained in this guide are completely free and have been thoroughly tested by us.
Wrapping Up: Transfer Text Messages like a Pro!
We hope you’ve learned to successfully transfer SMS Messages from an iPhone to an Android phone using the above-listed methods. If you find this explainer helpful, then hit the like button and share it with your friends. Check out other useful tips linked below, and stay subscribed to GadgetsToUse for more useful reads.
You might be interested in:
- 4 Easy Ways to transfer contacts from Android Phone to iPhone
- How to Fix Airdrop Transfer Failure on iPhone
- Top 4 Ways to Delete Contacts in Bulk from iPhone
- 7 Ways to Block Unwanted Calls and SMS on Android and iPhone
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.