Following the path of BHIM UPI Lite, and Paytm UPI Lite, now PhonePe has also integrated the UPI Lite feature into their app. This feature allows a user to make low-value payments of up to INR 200 in a single transaction, with one tap, without the need to enter a UPI PIN. In this read, we will discuss how to set up and use UPI Lite on PhonePe.
Steps to Activate UPI Lite on PhonePe
The UPI Lite feature is now readily available in the PhonePe app. Follow the below-mentioned steps to activate UPI Lite on PhonePe.
1. Launch the PhonePe app (Android, iOS) on your phone. (UPI will roll out for iOS in a future update)
2. On the home screen tap on UPI Lite. If you don’t see it, go to your profile and tap on UPI Lite under Payment Methods.
3. On the next page, enter an amount to load up the balance in your PhonePe UPI Lite.
You can add up to a maximum of INR 2,000 to your PhonePe UPI Lite account.
4. Next, choose a payment method to load up your UPI Lite balance.
5. Once you have added the balance to UPI Lite, it will appear on the home screen.
Steps to Make Payment Via UPI Lite on PhonePe
Once you have activated the UPI Lite on PhonePe, you can make payments directly from the UPI Lite Wallet, without entering your UPI PIN. Here’s how:
1. Tap on the To Mobile Number option, and enter the mobile number of the person you want to pay using UPI Lite.
2. On the payment screen, enter the amount and change the payment method to UPI Lite.
3. Now, tap the Pay button to make the payment.
Once the transaction is completed, the said amount will be transferred from your UPI Lite Wallet to the bank account of receiving party.
Steps to Deactivate UPI Lite on PhonePe
If you don’t want to use UPI Lite on PhonePe anymore and want to deactivate or close it. It can be done by following these steps:
1. Go to the UPI Lite Wallet page, where you can see the balance, and tap the three dots for more options.
2. Here choose the Close UPI Lite option.
3. On the prompt, tap on Yes to confirm.
When you close the UPI Lite wallet on PhonePe, the current balance amount will be transferred back to the original source.
Q. Is there any limit to UPI Lite Transactions on PhonePe?
You can make any number of payments in a day only up to a maximum of INR 4000, where the amount per transaction is less than INR 200.
Q. Can I make International Payments Using UPI Lite?
No, UPI Lite cannot be used to make International transactions.
Q. Can I Use UPI Lite with other Payment Modes on PhonePe?
UPI Lite payments can be combined with PhonePe Wallet balance, Gift Card Balance, and IOCL rewards only.
Q. How to Activate UPI Lite on PhonePe?
You need to have an account with a supported bank and follow the process mentioned above to set up UPI Lite on your Android phone. As of now, the PhonePe iOS app does not have support for UPI lite.
Q. How to Deactivate or Close UPI Lite on PhonePe?
The process to deactivate UPI Lite on PhonePe is quite easy, you need to visit the UPI Lite page and request to close UPI Lite. Follow the steps mentioned above to deactivate your UPI Lite wallet on PhonePe.
In this read, we discussed how to set up or activate UPI Lite on PhonePe, make transactions using it, or even deactivate UPI Lite on PhonePe. As of now, UPI Lite is available on Android only, it will be rolled out for iOS in the near future. Stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such reads, and check the ones linked below.
You might be interested in:
- [FAQ] The Real Truth About 1.1% UPI and Wallet Charges
- What Is a Private UPI Number? How to Create It on Paytm?
- 5 Easy Ways to Disable UPI in Digital Payment Apps
- e-RUPI FAQ: How It Works, Partner Banks, Benefits, and More
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.