The Tizen-powered Samsung smartphone, Samsung Z2 is now official in India. The device comes with low-end specifications and basic features like Ultra Data Saving mode, S bike mode and the new My Money Transfer. It is available in Gold, black and red wine color options. Samsung Z2 has been priced at INR 4,590 and comes budled with Reliance JIO Preview scheme.
It runs on a 1.5GHz quad-core Spreadtrum chipset processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It has got a 4-inch (480x800p) LCD IPS display and 8GB of internal memory which is further expandable up to 128GB.
It sports a 5MP rear and a VGA front camera. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB OTG. It is backed by a 1500mAh battery and runs on Tizen OS version 2.4.
- Dual SIM with 4G connectivity and VoLTE support.
- Features a 5MP Rear cam and runs on a Quad core processor clocked at 1.5Ghz.
- The memory can be expanded up to 128GB.
- It come bundled with a Reliance JIO SIM with 3 months of Jio Preview offer.
- One of the major cons is this phone is that it runs on Tizen OS which is not a very polished OS.
- Apart from it, it comes only with 8GB Internal memory with lots of pre-loaded apps and bloatware.
- When nowadays every phone is coming with the new 64-bit processor, this phone still comes with an old 32-bit processor.
- It is powered by a mere 1500 mAh battery
- and sports a small 4-inch display.
Here is the brief comparison of all the budget devices. So lets take a look at other competitors in this price segment.
Canvas Spark 3 (INR 4,999)
- It has got a big 5.5 inch HD display and
- Got a good design
- Features a nice combo of 8MP rear and a 5MP front camera.
- It is backed by a 2500mAh battery
- Features a Gyroscope sensor and
- Runs on Android Lollipop
- Unlike others, this one lacks 4G connectivity and VoLTE support which is disappointing.
- Moreover it supports micro-SD card only up to 32 GB.
Xolo Era 4G (INR 4,444)
- It has got a 5-inch HD display
- with 1.5GHz Quad core processor
- It has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity too.
- Runs on Android Lollipop
- Powered by a 2500mAh battery
- Despite being a 4G phone it lacks VoLTE support and is only expandable up to 32 GB via micro-SD card slot.
Infocus M370i (INR 4,999)
- It has got Dual SIM support with 4G connectivity
- Comes with a combo of 8MP rear and 5MP of front camera
- Runs on the latest Android Marshmallow
- Features a 5-inch HD (1080p) display
- Unlike others this one is expandable up to 64GB via micro-SD card slot.
Swipe Konnect Plus – (INR 3,999)
- Features a 5-inch HD display
- 13MP rear, 5MP front camera
- It runs on a 1.2GHz MediaTek chipset coupled with 2GB RAM
- It’s powered by a larger 3000 mAh battery which is an another good thing
- Basically this phone has got a low brand value and lacks 4G conectivity
All the phones above offer good value for money specs. Although each one of them has their own plus point and it depends on your requirement to pick the best one. To make it simpler for you, Samsung Z2 is the only one to have VoLTE (except Infocus m370i) and also offers the best brand value. Canvas Spark 3 has the best display, whereas Infocus M370i gives the best camera and software experience.