If you used to have a dual-screen setup at your workplace for all your tasks but now you are stuck in your home with just your laptop having a single screen. Well, there is a way where you can use your phone’s display as a second screen for your desktop or laptop, just like you can use your phone’s camera as a webcam. You can take the help of some third-party apps and software to use your Android phone as a second monitor for your PC.
Suggested | Use Your Android Phone As Laptop Speaker
Use Android Phone as Second Monitor for PC
1. Spacedesk App
Using the Spacedesk app to extend your desktop to your smartphone is as easy as a pie. No need to connect wires or writing IP addresses and passwords to connect. You just need to be on the same WiFi connection and it works perfectly.
- Download the Spacedesk app on your Android smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Download and install the Spacedesk server on your PC from the official website.
- Make sure both, the Android smartphone and the PC are connected to the same WiFi.
- Launch the Spacedesk app on the smartphone and the Spacedesk server on the PC.
- The Spacedesk app on the smartphone will detect your PC, tap on the Connection link.
- The PC will be connected to the smartphone in no time and the desktop will extend automatically to the smartphone screen.
- Now you can use your phone as an extended display for your desktop.
Spacedesk is a free and pretty amazing app for your Android smartphone and you can do a lot using it.
2. Google Remote Desktop
Google Remote Desktop is software that allows you to control your PC via your Android device. You can run everything from your desktop to your Android phone’s screen. Just like other Google products, Google Remote Desktop is easy to set up and use. Here’s how you can use this software:
1. Download Google Remote Desktop on your Android.
2. After that, set up remote access on your PC by clicking here.
3. You will be asked to add its extension to your Chrome browser.
4. After that, click on “Accept & Install” and install it on your PC.
5. Click on Remote Acess, and then on Turn on. After that, choose a name for your PC and a 6-digit PIN, and then click on Start.
6. After that, open the app on your phone, enter the PIN and select your desktop when it shows. That’s it.
You will be able to see your screen on your phone as well as and control your keyboard and mouse from here.
Google Remote Desktop will not let you use two different apps on both screens.
3. Splashtop Wired XDisplay
Splashtop Wired XDisplay uses a USB connection to use your phone as a second screen. It allows you to connect your phone only via USB so it offers better resolution (Full HD) at 60 frames per second. Here’s how to use it:
3. Open the software on your computer and then connect your phone via USB.
That’s it. Now your PC or Mac’s screen will be shared with your phone.
Since the software uses USB instead of WiFi, it offers a more responsive experience and there is no lag. It also offers a battery saver mode in which the frame rate and resolution drops.
i) To get the best performance while using the phone as a secondary display, try to use an Android tablet if you have one, instead of your smartphone.
ii) Moreover, make sure to connect your PC and Android device to a faster network so you won’t see any latency in your secondary display.
These were the ways to use your Android phone or tablet as a secondary monitor. If you have any queries, ask us in the comments. Stay tuned for more such tech tips.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.