WhatsApp is the most popular messenger across the globe. Apart from text messages, people also use this platform to share media files be it photos, audio files, or videos with their family and friends. However, people often find an issue on WhatsApp- how to send large files. To be noted, WhatsApp has its limitation on file size, and the maximum size of the file that you can share via WhatsApp is 16 MB. In this post, we talk about working tricks to send big files and large videos on WhatsApp.
Send Big Files, Large Videos On WhatsApp
Because of the WhatsApp file size limit, you need some tricks to send large video files. Here we are providing two alternatives that will help you to send videos of more than 16MB on WhatsApp.
1. Google Drive
The first and perhaps the best method that you can use is Google drive. Yes, you can upload and share large videos on WhatsApp using the Google Drive link.
How to send big files with the help of Google Drive:
Step 1: Open Google Drive on your phone and click on the ‘+’ icon on the home screen. It will show you some options and tap on ‘Upload‘.
Step 2: After this, your file will be uploaded on Google Drive. Now, tap on the three-dot menu besides that file and aiming options that will appear, select the ‘Copy Link‘ option.
Step 3: Now open WhatsApp and go to the chat of that person with whom you want to share the file. In the text field, paste the link and send.
The Google drive link will allow your contacts to see the file and even download it.
WeTransfer is a tool that can help in sharing large files via a shareable link with anyone. The tool is easy to use and it supports most of the file formats. The free version allows you to upload up to 2GB of files, and if you want the pro version, you can share up to 20 GB.
Follow the steps below to transfer files via WeTransfer:
1. Go to the WeTransfer website.
2. Click on Add your files and find the files, upload them and click on open.
3. Once you add the files, and then click on “Get a link” to get the shareable link.
4. Now, click on “Copy link” and then paste it on your WhatsApp chat to share it with your contacts.
Then your contact can open the link and download the file using the WeTransfer website.
3. Video Compressor Panda
This is another tool to compress your large video files in order to share via WhatsApp. Video Compressor Panda is a free-to-use app and is available on Google Play Store. Here’s how to use this app t0 compress your large files:
1. Download and install Video Compressor Panda on your smartphone.
2. Now, open the app select the video file that you want to compress, and tap on Next.
3. On the next page, select type of compression from Small File, Medium File, Large File, or Fit to Messenger, Email, etc.
4. Now, tap on Compress at the bottom.
5. That’s it. You will see the compressed video on the next page, which you can download by tapping on the Save option from the bottom or you can directory share it to WhatsApp from the app itself.
You should note that the free version of this app contains ads and if you do not want to see ads and also want to use its other features like unlimited group compression, cut the video, you can go for the premium plan which starts at only Rs. 50 for 3 months.
You can use any of the listed methods to share the files over the platform. Do let us know in the comments which of these methods work fine for you. Also, in case of any query, ask us in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.