Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms, especially when it comes to real-time updates about what’s happening around the world. You follow various people for some reason, then their tweets show up on your timeline, and over time it becomes a mess to manage. You think to unfollow some people, as you don’t want to see their tweets anymore in your timeline, but can’t really unfollow them. There’s an easy solution for this, called “Mute”, let’s see how it works.
Advantages of Muting someone on Twitter
- The biggest advantage of muting someone on Twitter is, you can stop someone’s tweets to show up in your timeline, without letting them know that you have muted them.
- Muted accounts can follow you and you can follow muted accounts. Muting an account will not cause you to unfollow them.
- Muted accounts can still send you Direct Messages. They can also mention you in their tweets, and reply to your tweets which will appear in the notifications tab. (Only if they follow you)
- If you have someone in your timeline, retweets with comments a tweet of someone you have muted, then their tweet will display This Tweet is unavailable message
Steps to Mute an Account on Twitter
You can easily mute someone on Twitter, either directly from any tweet from that person, on your timeline, or you can also mute someone from their profile page.
- Open your Twitter timeline
- Tap on the 3 dots next to the person’s tweet or open his/her profile and click on 3 dots on the top right.
- Click on Mute, and confirm it.
How to Manage All Muted Accounts on Twitter?
You can manage the list of all accounts you have muted right from your account settings:
- Tap your Profile Menu icon, then tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap Privacy and safety.
- Under Safety, scroll down and tap Muted accounts.
- You can unmute accounts by tapping the mute icon
So this is how you can hide someone’s tweets from your Twitter timeline, without notifying and unfollowing them, as well as manage all muted accounts and unmute them as well. This will help you make your overall Twitter experience a little better and less messy.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.