Many iPhone users come across this issue on their phones. When they connect their PCs and other devices to their iPhone’s hotspot, after some time of inactivity, the hotspot disables itself and they’ll have to turn it on again. Well, this issue can be fixed by some easy workarounds and checking some features and settings. Let’s get started with the ways to fix the iPhone hotspot turns off automatically issue.
Fix iPhone Hotspot Turns Off Automatically
There could be many reasons behind the hotspot turning off automatically on iPhone but it’s hard to find the exact ones. So we can start with the most common ways to fix this issue and then talk about the sure-shot ways.
Turn Off Low Data Mode
First of all, you should check if you have enabled the Low Data mode on your iPhone. This mode saves mobile data on your phone by limiting the background data usage as well as closing the hotspot after some inactivity. So, you should better turn it off when you are using a personal hotspot for some work:
1. Go to “Settings” on your iPhone
2. Tap on “Mobile Data” and select “Mobile Data Options” on the next page.
3. Once you tap on this, you will see the “Low Data Mode” option.
4. Tap on the toggle next to it to turn it off.
Turn Off Low Power Mode
This is another mode that, in order to save battery, turns off the hotspot after some inactivity. So you should also check if this mode is turned on on your phone and if yes, turn it off. Here’s how to check:
1. Open “Settings” on your iPhone and go to “Battery”.
2. Tap on it and on the next page, you will see “Low Power Mode”.
3. Now, tap on the toggle next to it if it’s on by default.
Alternatively, if you added low power mode to the control panel, just swipe down from the top right corner and tap on the battery icon to turn off this mode.
Reset Network Settings
If after disabling these two modes, the hotspot is still disabling by itself, you should consider resetting the network settings on your phone. This will not harm any of your data and might fix the problem. Here’s how to do this:
1. Open Settings and select “General” from there.
2. Now scroll down to “Transfer or Reset iPhone” and tap on it.
3. On the next page, select “Reset”.
4. Lastly, choose “Reset Network Settings” from the next page, and it will ask for your passcode.
Once you enter your passcode, all the network settings will be reset and then you can check the hotspot error, whether it’s fixed or not.
Update Carrier Settings
The network carriers keep releasing new updates for the improvement of their networks. These updates usually come to all users over-the-air, but you can still try to update this manually on your phone to check if this fixes the issue. Here’s how to update:
1. Go to Settings on your phone and go to General.
2. From there, scroll down to About and tap on it.
3. Now, find SIM details and you will see the network provider version here.
4. Tap on this version to update it to the latest.
Now, restart your iPhone and check if has done some wonder.
Update iOS Version
Talking about updates, you should also check the iOS update on your phone as this might also be the reason for hotspot disconnecting and many other issues. Here’s how to check the latest iOS update on your iPhone:
1. Open the Settings app and go to the General.
2. Now, tap on the Software Update menu.
3. Here, you will see if there’s a new update available on your phone.
Install the latest version of iOS from here and then start using the hotspot.
Keep the iPhone Hotspot Screen On
Here’s one sure-shot method to make sure that the hotspot is on permanently while using. You should keep the personal hotspot screen on with the hotspot option active all the time. This trick works most of the time when the iPhone’s hotspot is used with any PC.
However, you should note that this method consumes more battery as your phone screen is turned on all the time. So make sure to connect your phone to the charging adapter during the process.
Log in to iCloud on other Devices
Lastly, if nothing else works, you can use this method which will make sure that your iPhone hotspot never disconnects from a particular device. Yes, you can sign with your Apple ID on iCloud on this device on which you want to use the hotspot and make this a trusted device or trusted browser.
Apple will consider this one of your devices and will not disconnect the hotspot even after the inactivity. Also, if this device is a mac, your hotspot will even be turned on automatically when the WiFi network is not available.
So these are the ways to fix your iPhone hotspot that keeps turning off automatically. For more latest iOS tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.