If you are new to Snapchat and can’t figure out the difference between blocking and removing a friend on the app, then you’ve come to the right place. In this read, we have listed crucial differences between Snapchat’s block and remove friend feature to help you manage your social friendship. Meanwhile, you can learn to recover your lost Snapstreak.
Also, Read | 4 Easy Ways to Boost Your Snapscore on Snapchat
How Snapchat’s Block Different from Remove Friend
Before we dive deeper into learning about the differences between both these features, let’s have a look at the steps involved in blocking or removing a friend on the Snapchat app.
Block Someone on Snapchat
If you wish to block someone on Snapchat then, you need to follow these simple steps to achieve it using the app.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone and navigate to the Chats section.
- Tap on the Profile/Avatar icon of the person’s chat to open options.
- Further, tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- To block the person, tap on the Block button.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully blocked a person on Snapchat.
‘Soft-Block’ a Person using Snapchat’s Remove Friend feature
Snapchat’s remove a friend feature is just like soft-blocking a user where you can remove a Snapchat user from your profile without actually blocking them. This means that they can search your username again and send you a friend request later. Follow these easy steps to remove a friend from your Snapchat profile.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device and navigate to the Chats section.
- Tap on the Profile icon of the person’s chat that you wish to remove.
- Again, tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen and choose the Remove Friend option. Tap on the Remove button to confirm your action.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully removed a friend from your Snapchat profile.
Differences: Block Vs Remove Friend
To give you a better insight into both of these options, let’s have a look at the difference tabulation.
Bonus Tip: Report or Mute Someone on Snapchat
In addition to blocking and removing a Snapchat user, you can also mute or report a user directly to Snapchat in case of spam/inappropriate communication. Follow these steps to mute or report a Snapchat user.
Report a Snapchat User
- Tap on the profile icon of the user that you wish to report to Snapchat.
- Further, press the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app and tap on Report.
- On the next page, specify the reason for reporting the Snapchat user.
- That’s it. The Snapchat team will review the reported account to check if it has broken any guidelines and take appropriate measures within 24 hours.
Mute a Friend on the Snapchat App
If you are annoyed at your friend for sending too many snaps or messages on Snapchat, then you can mute them manually to silence all their notifications on the app. Follow these simple steps to mute someone on Snapchat.
- To mute a Snapchat profile entirely, you need to manually mute notifications for messages, stories, and all the game notifications.
- Open Snapchat users’ settings by tapping on the three-dot icon in their profile.
- Tap on Message Notifications and set them to Silent.
- Further, tap on the Mute game and mini notifications to avoid getting any in-game requests.
- Next, toggle off the Story Notifications.
- and finally, tap on the Mute Story option to mute all their posted stories on Snapchat.
Also, Learn | How to Mute Chats, Groups, and Channels on Telegram
Wrapping Up: Managing Social Friendships
We hope that you’ve now learned about the difference between both the features to help you pick your best course of action in maintaining social friendship on Snapchat. If this article has helped you to gain clarity on Snapchat features then, hit the like button and share this among your friends to assist them as well. Stay tuned for more quality reads.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.