With the digital era progressing at a fast pace, digital content creation has become a separate industry itself. With so many content creators, creating long-form and short-form content, it is hard to keep up with simple or almost no video editing. To align with the other creators, we need to level up the YouTube editing game. So today we have compiled a list of the best YouTube video editing software available for Windows, Mac, and mobile. Without any further delay, let’s dive into the features they offer, with pros and cons.
Best YouTube Editing Software for Windows
These are the best YouTube video editing software you can use on Windows.
Filmora Video Editor is the name you will hear from everyone familiar with video editing, it’s easy to use interface is loved by video editors, be it a beginner or a pro. With Filmora you can create professional-looking videos, with the help of drag and drop elements, creating something similar takes hours in other video editing software. Along with this, Filmora allows you to use other professional video editing techniques like de-noise, video stabilization, color grading, audio keyframing, adding royalty-free music from the built-in library, and more.
- Extremely intuitive and easy to use
- Access to professional effects from Boris FX and NewBlue FX
- Variety of easy editing features like Instant Mode, AI Portrait, Speech-to-text, etc.
- Beautiful and fashionable sound effects, and royalty music
- Simple color correction and audio editing (audio keyframe included)
- Advanced features like PIP, Green Screen, Tilt-shift, Mosaic, video stabilization, etc.
- Compatible with the most commonly used formats like MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc.
Filmora is a freemium video editing software, and you need to pay to remove the watermark in the Free Trial Version
Sony Vegas Pro
Another popular video editing software for Windows users is Sony Vegas Pro. It offers advanced video editing tools you would ever need, like ike 3D editing, compositing, color correction, automatic crossfades, multi-cam editing, chroma-keying, and various special effects. But with the plus side of all those fancy features (that not all users would use), the User Interface is not so friendly, as the learning curve of the software will let you down and look for other options.
- Unlimited Video and audio tracks
- Scene detection
- Keyframing & automation control
- Wide range of formats support: Apple ProRes, HEVC 10bit 4:2:2, Sony XDCAM & XAVC, Panasonic AVCHD, RED RAW, Blackmagic RAW
- Easy for multi-cam video editing
- Not so easy interface
- Steep learning curves for budding YouTubers
Adobe Premiere Pro
Lastly, Adobe Premiere Pro is also a great video editor to edit YouTube videos. This powerful, popular video editor is packed with standard features (like text transcription in 14 languages), and effects, along with Creative Cloud apps integration like Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Frame.io. The not-so-user-friendly UI requires its own learning curve, but for that, you need to get yourself a subscription, as there’s no free trial unlike Filmora and Vegas Pro.
- Fast and stable
- Transcription & captioning tools
- Automatic audio remixing
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- No perpetual plan like Filmora
- Not so easy for beginners
- Occasional Bugs and Crashes with new updates
Best YouTube Editing Software for Mac
These are the best YouTube video editing software available for macOS users.
If you are into the Mac ecosystem and looking for beginner editing software for YouTube videos, then iMovie is the right choice. With iMovie, you get access to editing controls like crop, trim, arrange video clips, and more. There are some pre-made video templates to guide you through the movie-making process. You can import clips in Pro Res, from your iPhone, and start working on your edit.
- Supports 4K editing, with clips shot in Pro Res
- Cross-device sync between iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Background music dynamic recomposition and great visual effects
- Limited to Mac, and iOS users only
Final Cut Pro
Another video editor for MacOS, famous for its high-end video editing capabilities on Mac and frequently used by the industry’s leading professionals for their projects, Final Cut Pro is the software for hard-core video editors. With a wide variety of plugins, you can do almost anything in the Finalcut Pro, like Object Tracking, Cinematic mode, motion graphics, color grading, and voice isolation to enhance speech. With the recent update, you can even import and edit 360° equirectangular footage, and more.
- Supports 5K editing, with clips shot in Pro Res
- 360° video editing
- Huge library for plugins
- Regular updates.
- Expensive Plugins
- Limited to Mac users only
YouTube Editing Software for Android and iOS
For all your mobile editing needs, Filmora Go (Android App, iOS App) is the go-to solution. As you get a ton of features that are easy to use, like crop, trim your videos, add voice-over on the go, apply special effects, different backgrounds, filters, keyframing and more. You can even edit short videos recorded from your phone, choose the audio from the built-in library, and export it, on the go.
While there are other video editors available for mobile, they either are not user-friendly like Filmora Go, or they don’t offer such a wide variety of features.
So these are the best YouTube video editing software you can use for Windows, Mac, and mobile. Let us know, which one you would prefer to use. I hope you found this useful; if you did make sure to like and share. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned for more such tech tips, tricks, how-tos, and guides.
You might be interested in:
- 7 Best Tips and Tricks to Edit Videos in Google Photos on Your Mobile
- 4 Ways To Record and Edit High Quality Audio on Android Phone
- 6 Ways to Tell If An Image Has Been Edited or Photoshopped
- 5 Ways to Record Stable Videos with No Background Noise in Android
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.