With the launch of the iPhone 14 Series, Apple truly transformed its biggest design criticism into its major strength. This time they brilliantly overhauled the big screen notch to turn it into a functional real-time notification pill coined as the Dynamic Island. While this new feature is only limited to Pro models, we can help you experience it on any Android phone. Stay with us in this guide to learn about methods to get iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island on any Android Phone. Furthermore, you can learn to get the iOS 16 lock screen on your Android device.
Get iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island on Any Android Phone
Dynamic Island offers a new way to interact with real-time notifications on your device blending your hardware notch with the software experience. Here’s how you can get the signature iPhone 14 Pro feature on your Android phone.
Use Edge Mask App
The Edge Mask app offers an easy method to experience Dynamic Island on Android phones. Follow these easy steps to configure the same.
1. Install the Edge Mask App and tap on the Allow button to let the app run in the background.
2. Next, tap on the Apps that can appear on the top option to provide the necessary access privileges.
3. Now, tap on Message and enable the Samsung Message Style and turn off other toggles.
4. Further, tap on the Settings icon next to Samsung Message Style to view more options.
5. Press the Background color option and set it to Pitch Black.
6. To make the notification text visible, Press Message Color and set it to White.
7. Furthermore, scroll down to the bottom to enable Margin and adjust the slider to blend the notification pill with your phone’s notch.
8. Finally, block the system notifications by turning on their respective toggles under the ‘Block Double Notifications ‘ section.
That’s it! you will now receive all new notifications on your phone in the form of a pill-shaped ‘Dynamic Island‘ which you can tap to interact.
Get Dynamic Island with DynamicSpot App
DynamicSpot is another promising Android application, developed by an XDA Developer, named Jawonmo. It offers some of the best features of the iPhone 14 Pro’s dynamic island on Android. Moreover, you can customize and pick selective apps to show notifications in the dynamic island style. Here’s how you can experience it on Android:
1. Head over to Google Play Store and install the DynamicSpot app to open it.
2. Tap on the Next button and press the Select Apps option to configure it.
3. Here, you can pick your desired apps to receive their notifications in the dynamic island style. You can also tap on the All button in the top-right corner to select all apps instantly.
4. Next, provide the Notification access and Draw over other app permission.
5. Further, tap the Popup Settings option to change the look and feel of the dynamic island to your preference.
6. That’s it! All new notifications from your selected applications will appear in the dynamic island style, where your notch will expand to a pill to show the notification app icon.
7. Finally, you can tap and long-press the pill-shaped notification to expand and view more details.
Customize Notch with Dynamic Island App
The Dynamic Island app by Gricemobile is no less in features when compared to its competitors. Using this app, you can conveniently create a dynamic notification view to make your phone’s notch useful like the iPhone 14 Pro series. Follow these steps to try out this app:
1. Install the Dynamic Island app from Google Play Store and launch it.
2. Next, enable the toggle next to turn-on to activate the dynamic island service. You also need to allow accessibility permissions to use the app.
3. Further, tap on the Notification option and turn the toggle on to view all device notifications in the dynamic island style.
4. You can also adjust the look and feel of the pill-shaped island by configuring the Display option where you can change the width and height to your preference.
5. Finally, press the Gesture option to assign custom touch actions to the dynamic island such as long-tap and swipe.
6. That’s it! Now all device notifications will appear in the dynamic island style. You can also long-press the pill-shaped notification to expand and view more details.
Use Smart Island App to Get Dynamic Island
Ever since Dynamic Island hit the smartphone market, the Chinese developers were the first to implement it on Android. The Smart Island app is one such implementation that offers the feature of this pill-shaped notification bar for Android phones. Here’s how you can try this app on your device:
Caution: We strongly suggest you try this app on your secondary phone. Since this is a Chinese app, we want your precious data to stay with you and not on some Chinese servers.
1. Download and install the Smart Island app on your phone.
2. Next, tap on the Allow button and wait for a few seconds to let the app check and install new updates.
3. Now, activate the service by turning on its toggle in the top-right corner. You will be instantly navigated to the permission request page.
4. Tap on the first three options individually to provide permissions for Accessibility, Usage Access, and Notifications. You don’t have to enable any permission other than these three.
5. The service will start on your device displaying a notch-like black dot on the left side of your screen.
6. Adjust the position of this punch-hole notch to blend in with your hardware notch using the slider controls.
7. Once done, you can preview the dynamic island notification by pressing different test pills.
That’s it! You will now receive device notifications in the Dynamic Island style that expands to a pill when a new notification arrives.
Use SmartBird App
Similar to Smart Island, the SmartBird app is another Chinese alternative that offers limited functionality of Dynamic Island on Android phones such as charging, or new message notification. Follow these simple steps to use this app.
1. Download and Install the SmartBird app on your Android phone.
2. Next, tap on the red bars at the bottom to provide the necessary app access privileges.
3. Once activated, blend the app punch hole with your device’s notch using the slider controls (depending on your notch position).
4. Now, tap on the Play button below the slider controls to preview the Dynamic Island notification on your Android phone.
That’s it! You can connect your phone to a charger or wait for a new notification to see Dynamic Island in action.
Apply Dynamic Island Theme on MIUI
If you own a Redmi/Xiaomi device running MIUI 13, you can install a theme based on Dynamic Island to get a taste of it. This new theme is named Grumpy UI which places an interactive button in your status bar that expands when you tap on it. While we encountered several issues applying the theme, it is nowhere close to the experience you will get by trying the above apps.
Dynamic Island Style Notifications / Now Playing on Xiaomi MIUI. Mi Theme Developers never disappoint 😎 pic.twitter.com/ImHmbkRZnb
— Vaibhav Jain (@vvaiibhav) September 11, 2022
Bonus Tip: Take a Break from All Notifications on Android
Are you tired of the annoying notifications that keep popping up every now and then? Looking for a way to silence all of them for a certain time? We heard you. Follow our detailed guide to Silence All Notifications on Android for some time to achieve the same.
Q: How to get Dynamic Island on Samsung Phones?
A: You can install the Edge Mask app from Google Play Store to experience Dynamic Island on Samsung Phones.
Q: Can you download and set the Dynamic Island Feature to Android Phones?
A: Yes, you can try the Smart Island and Smart Bird app to experience Dynamic Island on any Android device.
Final Words: Let’s Get Dynamic!
We hope you’ve enjoyed trying the new dynamic island feature on your Android devices with this guide. If you find it useful, then hit the like button and share this read with your friends who might be drooling over the iPhone 14 Pro’s dynamic notch. Check out other useful tips linked below, and stay tuned for more awesome guides.
You might be interested in:
- How to Use Crash Detection on Pixel and Other Android Phones
- 3 Ways To Add Mouse Cursor On Android Phone
- 5 Ways to Get Cough and Snore Detection on Any Phone
- 3 Ways to Install Android 12 Style Wallpaper and Clock Widget on Any Android Phone
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.