Are you annoyed by receiving dozens of spam messages, maybe like from a telemarketer, or a promotional message? To be honest, no matter, how privacy-focused one is, we all have experienced the same. Fret not, as today in this read, we will share some easy tips to permanently block and report such spam SMS. Meanwhile, you can learn, to block Websites, News Sources, or Topic In Google Discover.
Methods to Block Spam Messages Permanently on Android
There are three methods to block spam messages permanently on your Android phone, we have discusses each of them in detail below.
Manually Enable DND
Remember the old days, back when we used to activate DND on your feature phones? The same method works like charm for modern smartphones as well. Here’s how you can manually activate DND to block spam SMS and phone calls, on your phone.
1. Launch the messaging app on your phone and start composing a message.
2. Type START 0 in the message text field and then send it to 1909.
3. Once you send the message, you will be confirmed by a reply on your phone.
4. There may be some instructions inside the message which you need to follow.
Similarly, you can also DND by dialing the 1909 number from your phone and following the instructions.
Use TRAI DND 3.0 App
If you want to get this done with a single click, then you can use the dedicated Do Not Disturb app from TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), currently, the app is available only for Android phones.
1. Install and launch the TRAI DND 3.0 app on your phone.
2. Allow the app required permissions like contacts, phone, call logs, and SMS.
3. Sign up with your mobile number, and verify the OTP.
4. Tap on Report SMS UCC, and select the SMS you want to complain against.
5. On the next screen, choose the category of the SMS and tap the Complain button.
6. You will get an instant message about your request, with an expected resolution date.
Note: In the case of Xiaomi phones, you need to manually allow the service SMS permission to the app, in order to get it to work properly.
Your complaint will be registered for SMS received and reported within 3 days of receipt. In the case of older messages, no action will be taken on your report.
Use Third Party SMS Blocker Apps
The Trai DND app can be useful to block Unsolicited commercial messages but does not block transactional messages, or any informative messages from Government, or authorized agencies. To block such messages, you need to use a third-party SMS blocker app, one such app is Call Blocker – Blacklist, SMS. Here’s how to use it.
1. Install the Call Blocker – Blacklist, SMS app, and set it as the default phone and SMS app.
2. You can directly block a number from your recent SMS log.
3. To block unwanted calls, tap the plus (+) icon from the bottom right, and either manually add a number or choose from contact list.
4. This will block unwanted calls and SMS from the numbers you can add to the list.
We have a dedicated guide to blocking calls and SMS on Android and iPhone, to learn more methods about the same.
In this read, we discussed three methods you can permanently block Spam SMS on your Android phone. I hope you found this useful, if you did make sure to share it someone receives a lot of such Spam messages and calls. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned to GagdetsToUse for more such tech tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
- 3 Ways to Block Annoying Calls, SMS, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messages
- 3 Ways to Stop Spam Messages on Google Messages
- How to Check Which Company Has Sent SMS to Your Number
- 5 Ways to Get Rid of Targeted Ads on Android, iOS, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.