If you are a YouTube creator, then you must be aware of how much of a pain the YouTube comments section nowadays is, because of the spam comments. Yeah! Those spam giveaway comments, claiming you have won something, impersonating well-known YouTube creators, asking to connect on telegram. Finally, after numerous requests, YouTube has announced a new set of features to stop such spam or fake comments. Today we will be discussing those new features, and a few other ways you can get rid of or stay safe from such spam comments.
How to Stop Spam Comments on YouTube Video
In this article, we will be discussing the new set of features introduced by YouTube to stop spam giveaways impersonating a well-known creator like you or other spam comments. Along with this, we will help you with more anti-spam features of YouTube that you can use. Let’s have a look at them.
Use “Increase Strictness” to Filter and Block Spam Comments
The newly launched tools to fight and filter out spam giveaway comments in a YouTube video include a new option called “Increase Strictness” that will hold even more potentially inappropriate or spam comments for review. This will help a creator like you to get rid of those fake Telegram Spam comments impersonating you. Here’s how you can enable this on your channel:
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
3. Select Community, then go to the Defaults tab.
4. Choose Hold Potentially Inappropriate Comments for Review and select Increase strictness.
Other YouTube Tools to Get Rid of YouTube Spam Comments
The above tool named Increase Strictness is an experimental feature, so there are chances it might miss out on some spam comments. To make sure and get rid of such spam comments, you can use other YouTube tools, so that not a single comments make it to public comments. These tools allow you to block or hide the user, and report the comment as spam so next time the Increase strictness tool will take care of it, set automated filters, and more. You can check out our detailed guide about how to use these YouTube tools to fight and get rid of Spam comments.
Measures You need to Follow
YouTube is a learning platform, both for a creator and an audience. In order to spot, fight, and avoid such spam comments, we need to learn a few things. As a creator, you can teach them to your audience, or an audience you need to take care of such measures to keep yourself safe from such spam comments. There are a few things you can check, like the verification mark, spelling, about section, and more. You can read our detailed guide to spot and get rid of such spam comments.
Bonus: Other Measures YouTube Implementing to Reduce Spam
YouTube is also working on other measures, to reduce spam comments impersonating a well-known creator, from their platform. These changes are:
1. Option to hide subscriber count will be removed from the platform starting 29th July 2022, this will help the audience to check if the comment is from the real creator or a spammer.
2. Next change is, reducti0n in the character set, like special characters, or emojis that creators can choose from when updating their name, moving forward.
3. More changes will be introduced in the future, based on feedback.
So these are some new changes, introduced by YouTube to stop spam or fake comments videos, specially giveaway videos. We also discussed other measures and tools you can use to avoid such spam comments in YouTube videos, along with features YouTube will be applying in near future. I hope you found this article useful, if you did, make sure to like and share it with someone who needs to know this. Stay tuned for more such tech tips and tricks.
- 3 Ways to Stop Abusive Comments on YouTube Video or Block Some Words
- Ways to Turn Off Comments, Replies On Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- 4 Ways to Stop People From Tagging You in Instagram Posts, Comments, Stories
- How to Stop DMs and Comments From Non-followers on Instagram
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.