If you love collaborating with other businesses and influencers on Instagram, you’re in for a treat. Instagram users can now collaborate with other creators and brands in a much faster way using the newly launched Collab feature. In this article, we will provide you with a complete guide to use it. To attract more audience to your profile, you can also add music to your Instagram Posts.
Key Highlights of Instagram Collab Feature
With the help of the newly launched Instagram Collab feature, you can easily co-author your posts or reels in just a few taps. Once the co-author approves his tag on your post, you will share likes, comments, and even the audiences/followers on your profiles for the collaborated post/reel. As a result, you can increase the reach of your content to a huge amount of viewers. The key highlights of this feature are as follows:
- Once approved, all the collaborator names will appear on the header.
- The collaborated post will remain live on all the co-author’s profile grids.
- You will be able to share views, likes, and comments for the collaborated post.
- You can add up to 20 co-authors to an Instagram post.
- This is only limited to Instagram posts and reels.
- You can co-author public or even private Instagram accounts but it needs to be approved first.
Use Instagram Collab Feature for Posts and Reels
Use Instagram Collab Feature for Reels
Follow these simple steps to use the collab feature of Instagram for reels.
- Open Instagram and tap on the + icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Reels from the bottom navigation bar and tap on the + icon to add a reel.
- You can also record a video here directly to use as an Instagram reel.
- Tap on Add button to let Instagram process the video.
- Now, press the preview button to move to the editing page and tap on Next.
- Tap on the Tag People option.
- To invite a collaborator, tap on Invite Collaborator.
- Search and add the username of the person that you wish to add as a collaborator for the Instagram reel.
- You can add up to 20 collaborators in a single reel.
- Tap on the tick button in the top right corner of the app window to save changes.
- Add other required details and tap on the Share button to publish it to Instagram.
- Your collaborator will instantly receive a request for collaboration.
- Once the collaborator approves your request, the Instagram reel will show the names of both the co-authors in the post.
Collab with others through an Instagram Post
You can also use Instagram’s collab feature while creating new posts to add co-authors to it. Follow these easy steps to add a co-author to your Instagram post just like reels.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on the + icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Post from the bottom and choose the photo/video that you wish to use in your Instagram post.
- Tap on the forward icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- You can add filters or edit your image on this page. When you’re finished, tap on the forward arrow icon again.
- Now, tap on the Tag people option.
- To invite collaborators, tap on Invite collaborators and search their Instagram usernames to add on the post as co-authors.
- You can add up to 20 collaborators for a single Instagram post.
- Finalize your post by adding further details and press the blue tick icon in the top right corner of the app to post it.
- Your collaborators will receive instant request notifications for the post.
- As soon as your collaborator approves your request, the post will get live on both profile grids with their respective names in the post title.
So, that’s a wrap for the newly launched Instagram collab feature. I hope that you have now understood and tried this new feature to engage with more audiences on Instagram. Hit the Like button and share this article among your friends to help them with their collaborations. As always, stay tuned for more articles like this.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.