Instagram Reels has been picking a lot of heat currently, especially after the recent backlash from celebs over Instagram‘s move to go full screen, similar to Tiktok. However, there’s one Tiktok feature we miss on Reels, i.e., the ability to forward and rewind Instagram reels as per our convenience. Currently, we need to wait for the reel to playback again if we miss out on the part of a tutorial or something. Today we will discuss a few ways to forward or rewind any Instagram reels.
How to Fast Forward or Rewind Reel?
Instagram does not offer any such feature to fast forward or rewind reels, unlike TikTok. However, we have found some possible ways to do it right now. Let’s have a look at them.
Use Video Scrubber For Instagram
If you watch Reels on a PC or Mac, the process to forward or rewind a reel is very easy. All you need to do is add an extension to your browser. Here’s how it works:
1. Add the ‘Video Scrubber for Instagram‘ extension to your browser.
3. Play the reel you want to forward or rewind. Now the upper third portion of the reel will act as the controller, and you will see a progress bar at the top of the page.
4. Now, to forward the reel, click on the right portion, and to rewind, click on the left portion of the reel.
5. You can customize the extension to remember and auto-set the last volume level used or activate keyboard shortcuts to forward, rewind, slow it down to 0.25X or fast forward up to 4X speed.
Download Instagram Reel to Forward and Rewind Reel
If you use a phone to watch the reels and would like to forward or rewind a reel. In such a situation, you can download the Instagram reel posted by others on your phone’s storage and then srub through the reel as you like.
Screen Record Reel to Forward and Rewind Reel
Another easy way to save and forward or rewind an Instagram reel without using any third-party tool is to screen record the reel on your phone. Later, you can watch it in your phone’s gallery app and scrub through the reel as you like.
Bonus Tip: Use the Video Scrubber Extenstion on the Phone
If you are someone who can go the extra mile to have the future features of slowing down the reel or fast forwarding it to 4x speed, then you can check out our guide to using chrome extensions on Android and watch the reels at your own pace.
Resolved: Forward Rewind Instagram Reels
So these are the four ways you can fast forward or rewind any Instagram reel of your choice which is not yet supported by Instagram (I hope they read this and include it in the future). This way, you can master comfortably go through any tutorial or tip without waiting for it to replay. If you found this useful; if you did, make sure to like and share it with others. Check out more tips linked below, and stay tuned for more such amazing tech tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
- 3 Ways To Fast Forward, Rewind YouTube Shorts Video on Phone and PC
- 3 Ways to Watch Instagram Reels Without Instagram Account Login
- 4 Ways To Search Reels, Instagram Posts And Photos
- 3 Ways to Fix Downloaded Reels and Videos Not Showing on iPhone
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.