Clickable links on social media play a huge role in redirecting your viewers to your desired destination. If you are an Instagram influencer or own a business and want to gain more interaction with your audience, this read is just for you. In this guide, we have provided a complete walkthrough to add clickable links on Instagram.
Add Clickable Links in Instagram Stories, Bio, DM, Video Posts, and Reels
Add Clickable Links to Your Instagram Bio
One of the most effective methods to redirect your viewers to your desired destination e.g. website, video, etc. is by adding a link to it in your Instagram Bio. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open Instagram on your smartphone and tap on the profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the app screen.
- Click on the Edit Profile button to edit your Instagram Bio.
- Copy the link to your desired destination e.g. link of a website, video, channel, etc., and paste it in the Website field.
- Tap on the tick button in the top right corner of the app screen to save changes.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully added a clickable link in your Instagram Bio.
Use Instagram Stories to Add a Link to Your Website
Instagram Stories are the quickest way to share information and updates with your followers instantly that lasts up to 24 hours. You can add a clickable link to your website or video using these Instagram Stories to instantly connect with your followers and redirect them by adding your desired link. Follow these easy steps to add a clickable link to Instagram Story.
Send a Clickable Link to Someone via Instagram’s Direct Message (DM)
Instagram also allows you to send a clickable link to someone using the direct message feature. Follow these steps to achieve the same using this method.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the DM icon present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Under the Messages section, locate the username to whom you wish to send a clickable link and open it.
- Copy your desired link and paste it into the message field.
- Tap on the Send button to send this clickable link to your preferred Instagram user via this direct message.
- The receiver will also receive a preview of the link along with the clickable link in his direct message section.
Add a Clickable Link to Your Instagram’s Video Post
If you frequently post videos to your Instagram profile, then you can also add a clickable link in your post to redirect your viewers to your desired destination. In this way, your viewers can interact more with your video posts by clicking on the available link in its description. Follow this quick walkthrough to add clickable links to Instagram video posts.
Bonus Tip: Reach More People by Adding Links to Reels
While there’s no official way to add a clickable link to your Instagram Reels, you can use this nifty trick to redirect your users using your Reel. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and swipe towards the left to choose the Reels option.
- Create your Instagram Reel and tap on the Preview button to preview your Reel.
- Click on the Aa button at the top to add text to your Instagram Reel.
- For this trick to work, you need to first follow method 1 listed above to add a link to your Instagram bio.
- Now type ‘ Link in Bio’ text and position it at the bottom of your reel.
- Tap on the Next button to save changes.
- In the caption, type your video title or copy the link to your desired destination e.g. a website, a video, or even a channel link, and press the Next button.
- Tap on the Share button to share your Instagram Reel.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully shared a clickable link via your Instagram Reel using this method.
Also, Learn | 6 Ways to See Someone’s Instagram Story Secretly
Wrapping Up: Gaining More Viewers
We hope that you’ve now learned to add clickable links to various Instagram features to increase your interaction with your viewers. If this 2-minute read has helped you in reaching out to more audiences using your clickable links, then hit the Like button and share this among your friends to assist them as well. Stay tuned for more informative guides.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.